Laundry is one of the most effort-demanding and time taking chores. First, you wash the clothes, dry them, fold them up, and then get them to their places. The process lasts 2 to 3 days, and the laundry basket is again full on the weekend!
In the early days, the clothes were washed manually. However, thanks to modern-day advancements, there are now electric machines available. Still, they require you to fold the dried laundry, which is not reassuring.
A cloth folding machine also goes by the name of a laundry folding machine. Although the gadget is uncommon, it is a must-have, especially when you have a ‘cleanliness-conscious’ family. The article explains all the imperative things about folding laundry machines.
What Exactly Is a Cloth Folding Machine?
A cloth or a folding laundry machine folds the washed clothes neatly and compactly. These come integrated within washing machines or as independent units. And they can fold shirts, pants, and blouses. The clothes come out through a conveyer from where the user can take away the pile.
How Do You Use a Cloth Folding Machine?
Operating a cloth folding machine is no rocket science. Here is a simple guide to help you understand the process.
- It is important to note that a cloth folding machine only folds buttoned garments. So it would be best if you buttoned up the clothes before putting them in the machine.
- Most cloth folding machines have inlet clips that automatically close once they sense a cloth is present. Once the garment enters the machine, the outlet conveyer reveals the folded one within a blink.
Laundry folding machines come in both closed and exposed exteriors. The covered ones look like small plastic gadgets with inlet and outlet sections. However, commercial-level cloth folding machines have more exposed structures with metal strips and bars. You can witness the cloth being folded!
What Can a Cloth Folding Machine Fold?
Cloth folding machines can fold all kinds of clothes and garments. However, consumer folding machines can fold a relatively minor range of dresses, etc. Commercial machines are more versatile. They can fold anything from bed sheets to car covers and undergarments.
Things To Look for In a Cloth Folding Machine
Cloth folding machines are not a dire need for small families. However, the machine may be convenient if you have a large household. Note that a folding laundry machine works on electricity, naturally adding to your electricity consumption.
- Laundry or cloth folding machines come in multiple sizes. It is vital to purchase the right size, so the device keeps your laundry room manageable.
- The next thing to ensure is cloth compatibility. Smaller machines don’t fold oversized clothes like sheets and furniture covers. If you are buying a cloth folding machine for a commercial business, you’ll need to consider the maximum size of cloth it can handle.
- Speed is essential in commercial cloth folding. So remember to cross-check the number of folding the machine does in an hour.
The Bottom Line
A cloth folding machine is a relatively new technology. These machines use rollers and sliders to press the laundry and fold it neatly. Some dryers or washing machines come with integrated cloth folding machines. However, standalone units are available as well.
It is important to note that the machines only work with buttoned-up garments. Else the cloth will get stuck in the rollers, causing inconveniences. Commercial-level fabric folding machines can fold various items, from bed sheets to pillowcases to jackets. However, consumer-level units have limited capacity.